Many thanks for supporting our mission!
The Lee Community Tennis Association, a non-profit 501c (3) organization, relies heavily on donations in order to maintain our tennis facilities and provide affordable programs and scholarships for youth. We suggest that all participants in our programs make an annual contribution of at least $10 to each of the lower three funds described below.
CLICK HERE to contribute online. You will have a choice of Payment Type by using the drop down menu found on the next page. The 4 Payment Types are:
- Berkshire County Tennis Open
- Youth Tennis Fund
- Tennis Facility Fund
- College Scholarship Fund
You will be able to enter any amount you wish on the payment form.
1/ Berkshire County Tennis Open This annual tournamrnt for youth and adults is our premier fundraising event, ensuring fulfillment of our overall mission: to provide and maintain tennis facilities for delivery of our affordable programs for youth and adults.
2/ Youth Fund The Steve Hornbeck Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance so that no child is denied access to our tennis programs due to cost. Thanks to generous contributions to this fund, the Lee CTA has consistantly maintained its goal of providing affordable, accessible tennis lessons and leagues for the youth of the area...read more
For the past several years, we have reimbursed Lee CTA youth participants for their indoor Berkshire West AC JR Development Program costs, covering 50% of the fees charged for one of the sessions. This allows for affordable year-round play.
3/ Tennis Facility Fund This fund supports our tennis courts and overall tennis infrastructure.
We cover all the maintenance costs for the 2 red clay courts at Greenock Country Club in exchange for the use of the courts for our leagues and open play by our members. We fully fund maintenance of the 6 Lee High School Tennis Courts.
In addition, this fund has paid for:
- 2015 Scorekeepers for Greenock Country Club courts
- 2014 Improving drainage on Greenock Country Club lower court, reinforcing corner by driveway with retaining wall and adding a truckload of red clay to improve % grade ($2000 cost split between Lee CTA & GCC.)
- 2013 Resurfacing, crack repair, installatiion of drainage, painting of Ten and Under blended lines, and wheelchair access to 6 Lee High School Tennis courts. Over $87,000 was raised to qualify for a 20% USTA Facility Assistance Grant. LB Construction, Tri-Town Rotary, and Lee Kiwanis Club were major donors. Read more.
- 2013 Improved access to lower court at Greenock Country Club. These steps were installed with the help of fundraising by volunteer Candy Clark.
- 2002 The top-quality lighting on 3 Lee High School Tennis Courts. Comalli Electric donated the design and labor.
- 2000 Advocate for construction and proper design of 6 tennis courts at Lee HS.
- 1991 Backboard construction at Lee Athletic Field Tennis Courts with materials and labor donated by Kiwanis Club.
- 1990 Advocate for re- building 2 Lee AF Tennis Courts - laying out in proper direction, new fencing, and raising courts above flood plain.
Upcoming projects include:
- Lee HS - Shade Gazebo, Equipment Shed, Ball Machine, Court and Net Repair
- Greenock CC - Re-setting Net Posts, Improving and Expanding Court Area, New Fencing, Watering System
4/ College Scholarship Fund This fund provides $1000 to four Lee High School and Lenox High School graduates who have participated in Lee CTA leagues and programs and demonstrated a commitment to the organization and community. In 2009 we increased the scholarship fund to $500, awarding two $250 scholarships to two deserving Lee High School graduates. In 2011 we increased the fund to $750 to recognize three qualifying Lee HS graduates. In 2014 we increased the fund to $1000 to recognize four qualifying graduates from either Lee HS or Lenox HS.
CLICK HERE to contribute online.
Many thanks for support of our mission!