WORLD TEAM TENNIS
CLICK HERE to enroll online.
DEADLINE FOR CAPTAINS TO ENROLL A TEAM ONLINE - JUNE 12th!
At least 2 men & 2 women must be enrolled online and paid up before start date of June 19th!
Tennis legend Billie Jean King founded this unique gender-equity team concept in the early 1970s. Bunnie Lahey has run this flexible competitive team league since 1981. It's a great intoduction to other players in the area. In the early days, a few of our teams traveled to regional playoffs, meeting some of the tennis greats. After several years, with the dawn of USTA League Tennis, we found teams could not field enough players for the playoff dates, so we decided to run this league solely as a local league. We're always open to joining the national league again. It would be a little more expensive and require more commitment. Please give us your feedback!
Each team is comprised of at least two men and two women. Team matches consist of six sets, with one set each of men’s singles, women’s singles, men’s doubles, women’s doubles and 2 mixed doubles.
The first team to reach five games wins each set. One point is awarded for each game won, and a nine-point tiebreaker is played if a set reaches four all. If necessary, Extended Play and a “Supertiebreaker” are played to determine the outright winner of the match.
- Click Here for printable pdf of WTT Scorecard & Rules.
- Captain should register team by enrolling online - list team members on enrollment form.
- Team captains are responsible for fielding at least 2 men and 2 women for each match.
- Best to have at least 6 team members to insure availability each week.
- All team members must enroll and pay online, naming their team captain.
- If looking for a team, enroll and note that you wish to be assigned to a team.
- Floating subs must be registered on this web site and have a current Lee CTA Membership
- Teams play every other team once or twice during the season.
- Draws a large gathering of players of all ages & levels
- Some teams have multiple family members.
- 6-8pm, Monday evenings at Lee MS/HS Tennis Courts on Greylock Street
- Shane is the WTT Coordinator and can help you form a team.