Many thanks for supporting our mission!
The Lee Community Tennis Association, a non-profit 501c (3) organization, relies heavily on donations in order to maintain our tennis facilities and provide affordable programs and scholarships for youth. We suggest that all participants in our programs make an annual contribution of at least $10 to each of the lower three funds described below.
You can contribute online. You will have a choice of Payment Type by using the drop down menu found on the landing page. The 4 Payment Types are (click the link to make the donation):
You will be able to enter any amount you wish on the payment form.
1/ UNRESTRICTED DONATION Much needed for general support of the Lee CTA.
2/ YOUTH TENNIS FUND The Steve Hornbeck Youth Fund provides financial assistance so that no child is denied access to our tennis programs due to cost. Thanks to generous contributions to this fund, the Lee CTA has consistently provided affordable tennis programs open to all ...read more to see list of donors and learn more about our tennis parent exemplar, Steve Hornbeck.
We hope to resume our partnership with the local indoor tennis club, offering scholarships to local children, covering 50% of the fees charged for one of the sessions. This allows for affordable year-round play.
3/ TENNIS FACILITY FUND This fund assists with capital improvements and equipment replacements for tennis courts that we use for our programs. (Lee MS/HS, Lee Athletic Field, Greenock Country Club)
We have assisted Lee MS/HS with resurfacing and maintenance costs of their 6 tennis courts. In 2013 we raised over $87,000 for resurfacing the 6 asphalt courts.
In addition, this fund has paid for:
- 2021 We assisted Greenock Country Club with replacement of the 100+ year old Net Posts and Line Tapes (less than 100 years old).
- 2020 COVID-19 Safe Play signage at the tennis facilities used by the Lee CTA for tennis programs. Created a COVID-19 SAFE PLAY site at Greenock Country Club.
- 2020 Assisted Lee MS/HS, Town of Lee, Lenox Community Center, and Greenock Country Club with submitting Reopening of Tennis Courts Facility Assistance Grants. These grants were offered to assist the tennis facilities the Lee CTA uses for its programs to open safely during the pandemic.
- Lee MS/HS received $2000 for their 6 court facility.
- Town of Lee received $250 for the 2 Athletic Field Courts.
- Lenox Community Center received $2000 for their 5 court facility.
- Greenock Country Club received $500 for their 2 red clay courts.
- 2019 Continued application for USTA Facility Assistance Grant to repair cracks and resurface 6 Lee MS/HS Tennis Courts,
- 2017-2018 Met with several contractors to assess condition of Lee MS/HS Tennis Courts.
- 2016 Began assisting Lee School Superintendent with process for USTA Facility Assistance Grant Application.
- 2015 Purchased scorekeepers for Greenock Country Club courts
- 2014 Improved drainage on Greenock Country Club lower court, reinforcing corner by driveway with retaining wall and adding a truckload of red clay to improve % grade ($2000 cost split between Lee CTA & GCC.)
- 2013 Resurfacing, crack repair, installation of drainage, painting of Ten and Under blended lines, and wheelchair access to 6 Lee High School Tennis courts. Over $87,000 was raised by the Lee CTA to qualify for a 20% USTA Facility Assistance Grant. LB Construction, Tri-Town Rotary, and Lee Kiwanis Club were major donors. Read more.
- 2013 Improved access to lower court at Greenock Country Club. These steps were installed with the help of fundraising by volunteer Candy Clark.
- 2002 Installed the top-quality lighting on 3 Lee High School Tennis Courts. Comalli Electric donated the design and labor.
- 2000 Advocate for construction and proper design of 6 tennis courts at Lee HS.
- 1991 Backboard construction at Lee Athletic Field Tennis Courts with materials and labor donated by Kiwanis Club.
- 1990 Advocate for re- building 2 Lee AF Tennis Courts - laying out in proper direction, new fencing, and raising courts above flood plain.
4/ COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP FUND This fund provides scholarships for Berkshire County high school graduates who have participated in Lee CTA leagues and programs and demonstrated a commitment to the organization and community.
- In 2009 we increased the scholarship fund to $500, awarding two $250 scholarships to two deserving Lee High School graduates.
- In 2011 we increased the fund to $750 to recognize three qualifying Lee HS graduates.
- In 2014 we increased the fund to $1000 to recognize four qualifying graduates from either Lee HS or Lenox HS.
- Lee CTA Board Member Wayne Donelon donated $1000 to this fund in 2016.
- In 2017, two $500 scholarships were awarded.
- In 2017, we increased the fund to $2000 to recognize up to four qualifying graduates from either Lee HS or Lenox HS,.
- In 2018, four $500 scholarships were awarded.
- In 2019, Lee CTA League Player Jodi Tartell donated $1000. Four $500 Scholarships were awarded and paid out after completion of first college term.
- In 2020, a $1000 Scholarship was awarded to Lee High School Valedictorian, Suri Lee, who had played in the Lee CTA programs since age 4, coached and played competitively since age 10, and volunteered with her entire family in special events and fundraisers. She led her Lee HS Girls Tennis Team and her Lee CTA JR Team to the Western MA Tennis Championships! The College Scholarship is being paid in 2 installments: $500 at the 2020 graduation ceremony and $500 after completion of her first term in 2021.
- In 2022, three $500 scholarships were awarded to Emma Putin, Caroline Maloney, and Josh Hartman.
- In 2023, four $500 scholarships were awarded to Sophie Herman, Ben Cooper, Matt Petrescu, and Madison Haywood.
Please contribute online. Thank you.
Many thanks for support of our mission!