Tennis Facility Fund
Many thanks for supporting our mission!
The Lee Community Tennis Association, a non-profit 501c (3) organization, relies heavily on donations in order to maintain our tennis facilities and provide affordable programs and scholarships for youth. We suggest that all participants in our programs make an annual contribution of at least $10 to each of the three funds described below.
CLICK HERE to contribute online. You will have a choice of Payment Type by using the drop down menu found on the next page. The 3 Payment Types are:
- Youth Tennis Fund
- Tennis Facility Fund
- College Scholarship Fund
You can enter any amount you wish on the payment form. CLICK HERE for a printable Donation Form.
CLICK HERE to see one of our major facility improvement projects.
The Tennis Facility Fund supports our tennis courts and overall tennis infrastructure.
We lease the 2 red clay tennis courts from Greenock Country Club (GCC) and cover all the maintenance costs in exchange for the use of the courts for our leagues and open play by our members.
- Upcoming projects include: Installing 4 New Net Posts, New Line Tapes, Fencing Repair, and Spectator Seating. These improvements will be made in partnership with GCC.
Donations to the Facility Fund of $2650 by 37 members and friends during the 2020 EOY Fund Drive will help pay for these improvements.
A big thank you to GCC for forgiving 50% of our lease, allowing us to use that $1468 saved towards court improvements.
We have played a major part in the building, improvements, and maintenance of the 6 Lee High School Tennis Courts and the 2 town owned courts at the Lee Athletic Field on Housatonic Street.
In addition, this fund has paid for:
- 2020 COVID-19 Safe Play signage at the tennis facilities used by the Lee CTA for tennis programs. Created a COVID-19 SAFE PLAY site at Greenock Country Club. Reset steps to lower court at GCC (paid for by GCC).
- 2020 Assisted Lee MS/HS, Town of Lee, Lenox Community Center, and Greenock Country Club with submitting Reopening of Tennis Courts Facility Assistance Grants. These grants were offered to assist the tennis facilities the Lee CTA uses for its programs to open safely during the pandemic.
- Lee MS/HS received $2000 for their 6 court facility.
- Town of Lee received $250 for the 2 Athletic Field Courts.
- Lenox Community Center received $2000 for their 5 court facility.
- Greenock Country Club received $500 for their 2 red clay courts.
- 2019 Continued application for USTA Facility Assistance Grant to repair cracks and resurface 6 Lee MS/HS Tennis Courts,
- 2017-2018 Met with several contractors to assess condition of Lee MS/HS Tennis Courts.
- 2016 Began assisting Lee School Superintendent with process for USTA Facility Assistance Grant Application.
- 2015 Scorekeepers for Greenock Country Club courts
- 2014 Improving drainage on Greenock Country Club lower court, reinforcing corner by driveway with retaining wall and adding a truckload of red clay to improve % grade ($2000 cost split between Lee CTA & GCC.)
- 2013 Resurfacing, crack repair, installation of drainage, painting of Ten and Under blended lines, and wheelchair access to 6 Lee High School Tennis courts. Over $87,000 was raised by the Lee CTA to qualify for a 20% USTA Facility Assistance Grant. LB Construction, Tri-Town Rotary, and Lee Kiwanis Club were major donors. Read more.
- 2013 Improved access to lower court at Greenock Country Club. These steps were installed with the help of fundraising by volunteer Candy Clark.
- 2002 Installed the top-quality lighting on 3 Lee High School Tennis Courts. Comalli Electric donated the design and labor.
- 2000 Advocate for construction and proper design of 6 tennis courts at Lee HS.
- 1991 Backboard construction at Lee Athletic Field Tennis Courts with materials and labor donated by Kiwanis Club.
- 1990 Advocate for re- building 2 Lee AF Tennis Courts - laying out in proper direction, new fencing, and raising courts above flood plain.